If you choose to take part in this project with your dearest place on earth, this is how we are going to do it:
1. You choose a nice picture (or pictures) of the place you want me to portray. If you don’t have a picture – that’s okay, we can also use Google Maps, but make sure that you have checked before if the images are up to date. You can also give me detailed description without a picture and I’ll do my best to visualize it. Remember – any personal information I will receive during your commission is confidential, no names or addresses will be shared! Also – I would love to share my process with my backers and keep everyone excited for their illustration, but if someone asks me to keep their drawing in private, I will fully respect their wish!
2. After you have chosen the place – we talk about it! What story has this place to tell, who are we making happy with this illustration, do we add colors, is there any specific things you want to include in the drawing – any bits and bobs that might be relevant. Also if you want to include a personal message, quote or a “my favorite place is better than yours” – now is the time! Each illustration will be accompanied by a few descriptive sentences.
3. Then I will do a sketch and show it to you, so you can make small changes if you don’t like something, before I start inking it or adding colors. It is extremely important to me that we communicate our wishes to get the best drawings ever!
4. Your illustration is ready! It will be part of the book “100 Places I’ve lived (and loved)” and in the meantime you get a nice high quality digital version of your illustration sent to your email. I will send you the original drawing per post as well.
5. You tell everyone about it and I continue drawing, because that’s what I do! <3
For more information head over to the project page on Kickstarter: